The Botswana Christian AIDS Intervention Programme is a Non – Governmental faith-based Organisation registered in 1999. It offers services geared towards HIV and TB prevention, Care and support of those infected and affected as well as promotion of Christian values. We operate in 15 districts (centres) across Botswana in partnership with the District Health Management teams.
We are looking for qualified, experienced and result-oriented individuals to lead the DREAMS & Community TB/HIV component under the USAID Project “Community-focused HIV/AIDS program for Botswana” activities implemented in Gaborone, Kgatleng and South East Districts.
POSITION: TECHNICAL OFFICER- DREAMS & Community TB/HIV Care (1) POSITION
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and coordinate DREAMS including gender-based violence (GBV) and community TB/HIV, program activities at national level, provide guidance and technical expertise for field staff, develop plans to achieve programme/project objectives identified and to ensure compliance to donor requirements to achieve programmatic goals. The Officer will ensure that the program activities are all aligned to the national and international approved guidelines.
Qualifications & Experience: A degree in Nursing
Recent experience working with communities, community health workers and local partner organizations in DREAMS, GBV, TB, HIV & AIDS and capacity strengthening will be an added advantage.
Reports to: Technical Director
Location of position: Gaborone
- Serve as the technical lead for the district offices, functionally overseeing achievement of the DREAMS, gender-based violence (GBV) and community TB/HIV, indicators, and any other health initiatives for BOCAIP under the general direction of the Technical Director.
- In collaboration with the district teams, M&E department and other technical team members conduct field visits to monitor the activities of the project/ programme within the district; track progress against program descriptions, implementation plans and annual work plans.
- Work with the DREAMS implementing organizations, HIV, ARV and TB Clinical Care, Communicable Diseases, and other Specialists within the district to ensure that USAID-supported activities are implemented in line with national strategies for the delivery of quality healthcare within the district.
- Organize and lead weekly meetings with field staff to track activity implementation and ensure collaboration of activities and minimize overlap.
- Build capacity of Community Health Workers through trainings, coaching and mentoring.
- Supervise Community Health Workers for impactful results (DREAMS, GBV, Community TB/HIV)
- Ensure safety of Community Health Workers at community level.
- Facilitate quality improvement meetings and activities alongside the Senior Community Health Workers (SCHWs) and Programs Manager.
- Prepare the CHWs and participate in Site Improvement through Monitoring (SIMS) activities.
- Provide technical input and direction on annual work plans and performance monitoring plans.
- Participate in PEPFAR partner meetings and technical working groups.
- People management skills
- Conversant with US Government rules and regulations
- Fluent in Setswana and English
- Conversant with Microsoft office package
- Results focused & orientated
- Only suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit application letters, detailed and updated Resume, three (3) referees (one should be from your pastor) and certified copies of certificates and Omang by the 29th September 2021.
- All interested applicants should be Christians and upholding Christian values
- If you meet the above requirements kindly submit your application to;
NB: Please send your documents to email@example.com