Orphans and Vulnerable children care project
Improve the quality of life for orphans and vulnerable children
- To offer early childhood care and education to 50 orphaned and vulnerable Children of ages 2 and 6 years in Molepolole.
- To reduce the psycho-social impact of HIV and AIDS on children by providing the child and the caregiver with social, emotional and spiritual on-going supportive counseling.
- To develop self- worth of the OVC as a foundation that would prepare them for life in the minefield of sexuality in the HIV and AIDS through life skills sessions.
- To develop close linkages with the orphan’s caregivers and other service providers.
- Provide preschool education to children aged 2 to 5 years
- Feeding of the children
Girls and boys aged 2 to 5 years old
Molepolole, Maun and Selibe Phikwe
Rationale for the project
Botswana in the past years before the introduction of ART experienced an increasing number of children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS. BOCAIP through its care and support program responded to the social and emotional consequences of the disease on children, their families, and communities for support. Day care centres were opened to address gaps in early childhood development to OVCs.
Happy children less vulnerable and coping with orphan hood and educated
NACA, MoHW and FHI360